Trout and Clam Chowder Soup – A delicious take on a classic dish
A big “thank you” goes out to Mandy for sharing this recipe with us. She recommends giving this a go when you have leftover trout from a fish fry!
- 900ml chicken broth
- 1 bottle of clam juice
- 1 & 1/2 cups of water
- 1 can of baby clams
- 1-2 cooked, and deboned trout
- 3 medium potatoes cut into small cubes or thinly sliced.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions or leeks
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp chicken oxo
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp of parsley
- 4 strips of bacon, cubed and fried crispy.
- 2 cups cream or milk
Pour broth, clam juice, and water into a large pot.
Add the clams, trout, potatoes, and corn.
Bring to a boil; then add the bacon, leeks or onions and spices.
Add the creamo, or milk, depending on your preference.
Bring to a boil again, and let simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the potato slices are soft.