Tommy Paiement | Aug 9, 2021 | 0
Dutch Meatball Soup – Not Your Mama’s Soup!
(Not your mama’s soup!)
If you want a real stick-to-your-ribs comfort food, you can’t do much better than this one!
Dutch Meatball Soup
- 3 cans (284ml) beef stock or your favourite game stock 10 c water
- 3 leeks- white and light green parts only- chopped
- 1 ½ c each chopped celery, and carrots
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1/c dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 c fine egg noodles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring stock and water to a simmer. Add leeks, celery and carrots- cook for 30 minutes.
While this is cooking, mix venison, breadcrumbs, 2 tsp of the parsley, salt and pepper, and nutmeg until combined in a bowl. Form by tablespoonfuls into balls. Add to soup and simmer for 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
Add noodles- cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender but firm. Stir in soy sauce and worcestershire and remaining parsley and serve.